This tutorial shows you how to set up your email account in the default email program on Windows 8. Currently Windows 8 Mail doesn't support POP 3 so this tutorial covers setting it up in IMAP.
Click on the steps to show the screen shots.
- Open Mail from the Windows 8 Start Menu.
- Click "View all in Settings".
- Click "Other account".
- Select IMAP and click "Connect".
- Enter your full email address and password and click "Connect".
- You can click "Allow" to let Mail run in the background and provide notifications for incoming email.
Enter the server settings:
- Email address: your full email address
- Username: your full email address
- Password: your email password
- Incoming (IMAP) email server: mail.canby.com, Port: 993
- Check "Incoming server requires SSL
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server: mail.canby.com, Port: 587
- Check "Outgoing server requires SSL"
- Check "Outgoing server requires authentication"
- Check "Use the same username and password to send and receive email"
- That will take you to your inbox and now you are all set up!